Wednesday, October 27, 2010

You only Celebrate a 40 Year Anniversary Once!

Well, first of all the flowers are my take on a peony! I kind of came up with the style on my own using heart cutters that have ridges around them. I layered them over each other until I had a look I was happy with. These flowers used up a lot of Fondant, not to mention all the little pearls around the cake. But I thought it looked very modern and the flowers reflected my style of decorating. So I was happy with that.
It was actually an anniversary cake for my parents 40 years of marriage. It was a small gathering but even in small gathering the cake should be a standout piece! :)
The bottom was Tres leches with strawberries and glaze and the top was devil's food with whipped chocolate ganache.

No comments:

Post a Comment