Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Fall Carnival....making 5 cakes not a "Cake Walk"! :)


I promised my son that I would make 5 cakes for his school's Fall Carnival. Basically they have a game called a "Cake Walk" it's kind of like musical chairs. You walk around a circle with the alphabet written on it, when the music stops you stop on a letter. They then pick a letter out of a tin can, whoever is standing on that letter wins a cake!! The more cakes donated the longer the game lasts. Plus the class that takes the most cakes wins a prize! Well I was the only one in my son's class to take any cakes:( Needless to say his class didn't win. I played to try to win one of my cakes, but I one store bought cupcakes instead! What a rip!! hahaha It's okay though, next year I'm making them smaller...like mini buntcakes!
I love the finger's sticking out of the cake, also the ghost's they came out really cute and spooky! Everyone at school loved them!
I made 3 different cake flavors
Red Velvet with cream cheese
Banana with coconut cream cheese
Vanilla pound cake with lemon filling
I have no clue who won my cakes because I was there for almost three hours and they still hadn't handed them out!! I was hoping to take a picture with the person who won my cake! Maybe next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment