Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Happy Easter from Contempo Cakes


Well all the stress from the past months past and I'm taking time off Easter to relax and have fun with my family at the park! Phew, but what would Easter be without a cake? LOL I made this for the family to enjoy on Easter. The bottom tier is tres leches and the top tier is white cake with coconut cream cheese. By the way ask me what my favorite filling is and I will say coconut cream cheese every time:) I make it from scratch and the recipe never fails me. So I thought I share it with all of you today!

Coconut cream chese filling recipe:
3/4 lbs of powder sugar
1 lb of cream cheese softened (2 -8.oz packages)
3 sticks of butter softened
1 TBSP lemon juice (fresh squeezed is best but bottled works well too)
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 tsp imitation coconut extract

To soften the cream cheese and butter leave on countertop 1-2 hrs until softened. I use a kitchen aid mixer with the paddle attachment, but I'm sure you can use a hand mixer as well. Add all the ingredients in the order listed to the bowl, then on the lowest possible speed, blend together for 2-3 minutes or until well blended. That's it! You're ready to fill your cake. Or you can store it in an air tight container in the refrigerator for about a week if you need to make it ahead of time, let it come back to room temperature before filling the cake layers. This goes really well with banana cake, white cake, or spice cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment