Friday, July 17, 2009

Testing the Baking Grounds

I've created this blog so that I can share my journey as a cake decorator. Nowadays, it's easy to turn on your TV and find shows such as Amazing Cakes, and Ace of Cakes and feel inspired. However, my inspiration began with my Mom. When I was about oh, nine or ten years old she began taking the Wilton courses at a local bakery supply shop. I loved to watch her decorate and of course to taste her creations:) Well as an adult, I always baked cakes here and there for fun. But up until 5 years ago I began to look at it from a different perspective. What changed? Well I was getting married and wanted a beautiful cake. I saw Martha Stewart decorating a cake with fondant and my jaw dropped!! What is this beautiful cake made of??? I had to know! I started learning and watching, finally doing! I've never taken any Wilton classes as my Mom did. Instead, I've been mostly self-taught or youtube taught. I will (hopefully soon) post pictures of cakes I've made and update as often as I can any new creations. Thanks for stopping by! Email me if you're in the Riverside, CA area and are interested in a cake creation.

Thank you!
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment