Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A Birthday Cake for My Sister

My mom was out of town for almost 6 months and I was the designated cake maker during that time. It seemed like it would be simple enough to make, but I was very busy and ended up making this the same day as the party! I made the flowers out of fondant and sadly I didn't have time to add the finishing details to the flowers on the bottom tiers of the cake. This cake was a chocolate cake from the recipe on the Hershey's Cocoa Powder container and it also had a bavarian cream filling and fluffy boiled icing from the Wilton Meringue Powder recipe. It's probably my favorite icing because it's very glossy and very easy to decorate with, plus it's not as sweet as buttercream! Anyway, everyone liked it I myself thought it needed more chocolate in the recipe, but it was still good.

No comments:

Post a Comment