Thursday, June 19, 2014

Chevron Birthday Cake

I made a very simple cake for my niece's 18th Birthday. She's quite a fashionista that I wanted something kinda on trend. So I decided on the very trendy chevron stripes that I'm seeing everywhere lately. She asked for purple and this is "kinda" purple! LOL The modeling chocolate is from candy melts and I had picked a purple bag but it turned into more of a mauve color. Still the effect I wanted was there. It came out pretty clean. I struggled with that flower on top because my modeling chocolate was too soft and it was a super hot day! But here it is! A cute little cake!



While I'm on the topic of Chevron stripes. I also wanted to show a picture of my cool niece's graduation Cake! This time she requested the Chevron stripes! She really like the silhouette on the front of the cake! I knew she would because she's very classic in her choice of fashion. I'm so proud that she graudated with over a 4.0 GPA. I'm not sure what it was 4.1 something, but still only top 20 in her class! Tough class I tell you! So many overachievers accepted to Ivy league schools and all! Still I'm proud of my brainiac! Here's her cake in her school colors! 

No comments:

Post a Comment